The Department of Human Resource Management is one of the Service Departments in the Ministry with two (2) Divisions, namely;
- Appointment, Promotion and Discipline Division and
- Training and Staff Welfare Division.
APPOINTMENT, PROMOTION AND DISCIPLINE DIVISION
The Division has Three Branches viz;
- Appointment branch is charged with the following responsibilities:
- -Recruitment of Junior Officers from GL 03- 06
- -Documentation of Officers employed and posted to the Ministry,
- -Preparation of Manpower Budget,
- -Handling of Human Resource component of the IPPIS.
- -Handling of the Ministry’s Nominal Roll,
- Promotion Branch is charged with the responsibility of conducting promotion exercise for both Junior and senior staff through the composition of Junior and Senior Staff committees.
- The branch is charged with the responsibility of carrying out disciplinary action on erring staff.
TRAINING AND STAFF WELFARE DIVISION
The training and staff Welfare Division has two (2) Branches viz;
- Training Branch; and
- Staff welfare Branch.
The Division is saddled with the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of Training and staff welfare Budget proposal;
- Determining the training needs of the Ministry’s Staff;
- Planning all Training Programmes (Training Work Plan);
- Execution of all Training Programmes; and
- All staff welfare matters e.g. – Pension, Sports, Labour Union activities, ID Cards, NHIS matters etc.